[opendtv] Re: Digital radios outstrip analogue

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:39:20 -0500

Bert,

Yes, and just exactly when do you think we'll stop broadcasting analog FM?
The system is designed so that if the digital signal fades below reception
threshold, the receiver switches to analog.  No cliff edge effect.  We now
delay our analog signal by 8 seconds to match the digital stream for this
reason.

My prediction for analog FM cutoff is just shy of Doomsday.

John