(VICT) Re: Alex- Dog Attack

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 17:09:29 -0400

I did something similar to the rest of the dog's in that household, after
Sparkles attacked us.  Every time I would go by for a while I would throw
small biscuits at the dogs as I passed.  They were tied up and their owners
didn't care, but the dogs loved these little presents of ours and came to
look forward to them from us, smile.

After a while I switched to a variable reinforcement and you know never had
another problem, and I could see one of the dogs was developing the same
habits that Sparkles did.

By the by, talking to Sparkles I honestly think aggrevated the situation
didn't reduce it, who knows, but I was the target not Judson, whatever that
means.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx