(VICT) Re: Alex- Dog Attack

  • From: metnme2 <metnme2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Vi-Clicker <vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:48:49 -0700 (PDT)

>PA doesn't mess around.<
Man they sure do not- sounds like I lived in the wrong
state when Met was attacked! That dog went on to bite
a child who just walked by their yard before it got
PTS.

>honestly vinegar is a great little
tool sometimes<

I know you meant this in the figurative sense but
actual vinegar saved Met from an attack when we were
in California. It was recommended by a dog trainer. I
know most here can not use it but thought I would
mention it anyway.

I know a gal on the OCAD list who recommended throwing
crappy tennis balls (you know the dollar store
quality) towards the approaching dog. Of course when
we can not see the dogs that won't work but those here
who can might find that helpful. Of course your own
dog needs to be able to understand leaving the ball
unless you actually have engaged them with play.

Karyn and Met