(VICT) Re: Alex- Dog Attack

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:33:48 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2007 9:07:30 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
scripto@xxxxxxx writes:
but in a
non-threatening way, would be to enlist them in helping you as an
"assistant trainer." It's worked miracles for me

Ok Debi, I met you and Peek and Harry at the PAWS seminar.. I loved  ya then
and do now.. BUT,, I think I would have to retrain myself and reshape  myself
to be able to do this. I dont trust people. Long story and reason why,  but
not needed here.Now that I have lost most of my vision, I trust less.. maybe
not the best thing. I am also fiercely independent. I would rather work on
changing myself and my dog's behaviors, rather than trying to change the
worlds.
Dont get me wrong.. I LOVE the idea..I just don't know if I can  get up the
guts to ask.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-