(VICT) Re: Alex- Dog Attack

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:16:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2007 9:07:30 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
scripto@xxxxxxx writes:
It is a  nightly occurance for
my husband and I, but in our case, we have tiny dogs  and it's the big
dogs who put us at risk

I am not intimating that size has anything to do with this issue,  just that
the dogs involved in this were small. Aggressive and untrained dogs  come in
all shapes and sizes. Understatement. Misinformation abounds. All small  dogs
arent yappy biters and all large or giant breed dogs are not mean  aggressive
biters. Personally I like them all, except for a slight prejudice  against
terriers. I full well acknowledge that they were bred to work  independently
and
that is precisely why their base temperaments do not suit my  preferences. That
said I have met some really sweet individuals of terrier  breeds that have
been awesome.. Really, we should do the same as we should with  people.. Judge
them not based on race, color or paw size, but eeach as  individuals.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-