(VICT) Re: Alex- Dog Attack

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 14:17:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/2/2007 9:41:37 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
sheilastyron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
but urging a  quicker
pace could be a contributor to elevating stress  levels

I guess, my thinking was , that teaching it as a pace change separate  from
the stressors and then using it in such situations would remove some of the
stress factor.. This kind of ties in with Ann's question of action/positions
causing emotional changes. I use this pace increase for lots of distractions
including people making noises and/or enticing Alex. Maybe I will teach
something else also.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-