[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:00:17 +0100

Hi,

You say that even a reboot doesn't help ? Is that correct ?

I had an RDP session in a down state that was doing the same thing I had
to reset it via the Microsoft Terminal Services Console and this
resolved that issue.

It did take a few times and I think I deleted my admin user profile as
well as they don't get deleted like all our user ones.

Regards,

Ronnie

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:07:23 +1100

Hi

This patch looks promising..  Only issue is I cannot find it.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123956

This has been superseded by R07 patch which I dont want to install right
now.  Im currently running R06.

Does anyone have hotfix PSE450R05W2K3026 that I can download for x86
systems?

Thanks
Ang

________________________________

CC: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: magnus@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:13:30 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check the nonpagepool memory usage in taskmgr. I have seen this usage
spike which was due to an ms bug and XTE.exe. Good news there is a fix
for it. 936655 I beleive the number is

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 16, 2012, at 18:10, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

        Hi

        I think my issue is different.  All user sessions on these
servers lock up and they end up calling the helpdesk to reset them..
I'm getting down sessions on the same servers each day (even after a
reboot)..  I applied CTX112103 but it didn't make any difference..

        Any other ideas apart from rebuilding?

        Thanks
        Ang

________________________________

        Subject: [THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same
time
        Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:48:11 +0100
        From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
        To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi Angela,

        This does ring a bell and I'm sure I have one server with this
patch and made no difference to me, but the csrss.exe process wasn't
showing a high CPU usage for me.

        It more just creating error in console Session Down state every
few mins. It only stopped users connecting on the very odd ocasion

        Regards,

        Ronnie

        Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:25:28 +0100
        From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
        To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi Angela,

        I get this from time to time, server doesn't always report full
load but there's always  a session down state, and a reboot usually
clears.

        I had a look at the following thread but never actually got to
the bottom of it. I am currently rebuilding all my server to upgrade to
Office 2010 and hoping that the rebuild does the trick.

        http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1386285#1386285

        It's seems to be going well as all the new builds have not
reports the issue, but one of the pre Office 2010 builds did yesterday.

        Regards,

        Ronnie