[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:07:23 +1100

Hi

This patch looks promising..  Only issue is I cannot find it.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123956

This has been superseded by R07 patch which I dont want to install right now.
Im currently running R06.

Does anyone have hotfix PSE450R05W2K3026 that I can download for x86 systems?

Thanks
Ang
CC: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: magnus@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:13:30 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check the nonpagepool memory usage in taskmgr. I have seen this usage spike
which was due to an ms bug and XTE.exe. Good news there is a fix for it. 936655
I beleive the number is

Sent from my iPhone
On Oct 16, 2012, at 18:10, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I think my issue is different.  All user sessions on these servers lock up and
they end up calling the helpdesk to reset them..  I'm getting down sessions on
the same servers each day (even after a reboot)..  I applied CTX112103 but it
didn't make any difference..

Any other ideas apart from rebuilding?

Thanks
Ang

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:48:11 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angela, This does ring a bell and I’m sure I have one server with this patch
and made no difference to me, but the csrss.exe process wasn’t showing a high
CPU usage for me. It more just creating error in console Session Down state
every few mins. It only stopped users connecting on the very odd ocasion
Regards,Ronnie From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:25:28 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Angela, I get this from time to time, server doesn’t
always report full load but there’s always  a session down state, and a reboot
usually clears. I had a look at the following thread but never actually got to
the bottom of it. I am currently rebuilding all my server to upgrade to Office
2010 and hoping that the rebuild does the trick.
http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1386285#1386285 It’s seems to
be going well as all the new builds have not reports the issue, but one of the
pre Office 2010 builds did yesterday.  Regards,Ronnie From:
Sent: 15 October 2012 11:54
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time Hi

I have an issue on my XenApp 4.5 farm where 4 servers are reporting Server load
10000.  I tried to RDP to the servers and launch Task Manager. Unfortunately
this doesn't load on any of the 4 servers.  I tried to use Process Explorer
from Sysinternals tools but that also didn't load. What I did notice though was
all 4 servers had a session in a down state which I couldn't reset.  It simply
came back each time.  Error.jpg attached showing issue. I don't believe Im
having a resource issue but I cannot be 100% sure.

I tried to change my Load Evaluator from Advanced to Default as a test but this
made no difference.  Also tried to clear some sessions but load didn't change,
still set to 10000.

Can anyone suggest how I can troubleshoot this 10000 Load issue without
rebooting server?  FYI I do reboot my servers nightly but this issue has
happened a few times now.  Also is there a way/tool to check system resources
when Task Manager doesn't work?

Thanks
Ang

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891. Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
__________________________________________The information in this email and in
any attachments is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please destroy this message, delete any copies held on your
systems and notify the sender by return email. You should not read, retain,
copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use this email or its contents in
any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited. Thank you.