[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: "julien, Sybille" <sybille_juls@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 05:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

I'm Agree with Alan,Âif you cannot check resources as all GUI tools fail to
load, the load evaluator could have the same problems.
you may have a WMI issue

ÂJulien

>________________________________
> DeÂ: Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>ÃÂ: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Envoyà le : Jeudi 18 octobre 2012 13h33
>ObjetÂ: [THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time
>

>Hi Angela,
>I think its still a wmi issue as you cannot run any monitoring and perfmon etc
>use wmi. I guess if you donât want to touch wmi try removing the load
>balancing rule on one server and see if this helps?

 on 6 different servers). Nothing has changed on our servers either.

>We have a custom Load Evaluator which we have been using for several years
>without issue. It basically checks CPU, Memory and User Load. Load is
>definitely not an issue as the servers only have 15 users on them when the
>issue occurs whereas they normally
 have 40. I cannot easily check resources as all GUI tools fail to load. Task
Manager, Perfmon, Sysinternals Process Explorer etc don't launch. Whats the
best way to see what is happening with CPU and Memory? Perhaps I can run the
tool remotely? As a test
 should I change all servers to the Adv evaluator?

>Ive never had any issues with memory. Each server has 16GB RAM. In relation
>to CPU, Ive had the occasional process go crazy but its never used all cores.
>Servers have 2 x Quad core CPU's. Print Spooler and Antivirus all appears OK
>in that the service is
 started but I'm working blind as I cannot see the processes due to the tools
not launching

>Perfmon wont load so I cannot rell is perfmon counters are corrupt
>
>We do have SCOM. How do I reload the MOF?. Would the MOF generate a ICA down
>session? Every server that goes to 10000 has a down session so its definitely
>causing the issue or is related..
>

>Thanks
>Ang
>
>________________________________
>
>CC: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: magnus@xxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time
>Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:17:55 -0400
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>We notice wmi issues as well, this was do to MOM/SCOM. We had to reload the
>mof's to fix it.Â
>
>Sent from my iPhone
>
>On Oct 17, 2012, at 20:15, Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Hi,
>>I have had WMI issues also in the past and had to re-build WMI components as
>>below:
>>http://musumeci.blogspot.com.au/2009/01/ms-rebuild-wmi.html
>>Cheers
>>
>>Al

 but that also didn't load. What I did notice though was all 4 servers had a
session in a down state which I couldn't reset. ÂIt simply came back each time.Â
 Error.jpg attached showing issue. I don't believe Im having a resource issue
but I cannot be 100% sure.