[THIN] Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:54:22 +1100

Hi

I have an issue on my
XenApp 4.5 farm where 4 servers are reporting Server load 10000.  I tried
to RDP to the servers and launch Task Manager. Unfortunately this doesn't
load on any of the 4 servers.  I tried to use Process Explorer from
Sysinternals tools but that
also didn't load. What I did notice though was all 4 servers had a session in a
down state which I couldn't reset.  It simply came back each time.  Error.jpg
attached showing issue. I don't believe Im having a resource issue but I cannot
be 100% sure.

I tried to
change my Load Evaluator from Advanced to Default as a test but this made no
difference.  Also tried to clear some sessions but load didn't change,
still set to 10000.

Can anyone suggest
how I can troubleshoot this 10000 Load issue without rebooting server?
 FYI I do reboot my servers nightly but this issue has happened a few times
now.  Also is there a way/tool to
check system resources when Task Manager doesn't work?

Thanks

Ang