[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 00:15:15 +0000

Hi,

I have had WMI issues also in the past and had to re-build WMI components as
below:

http://musumeci.blogspot.com.au/2009/01/ms-rebuild-wmi.html

Cheers

Al

De : Jeremy Saunders <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
à : thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyà le : Mercredi 17 octobre 2012 10h38

The server thinks itâs at full load. Whatâs the load evaluator assigned to it?

If Task Manager is not loading, it sounds like perhaps a CPU/memory utilisation
issue, which is effecting the load evaluator, which is placing the server at
full load.

So whatâs the CPU and memory utilisation on the server? Could you have a rouge
service, such as antivirus causing problems? What about the print spooler and
Citrix print manager services?

Cheers,
Jeremy.

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:07:23 +1100
Hi

This patch looks promising..  Only issue is I cannot find it.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123956

This has been superseded by R07 patch which I dont want to install right now.
Im currently running R06.

Does anyone have hotfix PSE450R05W2K3026 that I can download for x86 systems?

Thanks
Ang
CC: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: magnus@xxxxxxxx<mailto:magnus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:13:30 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Check the nonpagepool memory usage in taskmgr. I have seen this usage spike
which was due to an ms bug and XTE.exe. Good news there is a fix for it. 936655
I beleive the number is

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 16, 2012, at 18:10, Angela Smith
<angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Hi

I think my issue is different.  All user sessions on these servers lock up and
they end up calling the helpdesk to reset them..  I'm getting down sessions on
the same servers each day (even after a reboot)..  I applied CTX112103 but it
didn't make any difference..

Any other ideas apart from rebuilding?

Thanks
Ang
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:48:11 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx<mailto:ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Angela,

This does ring a bell and Iâm sure I have one server with this patch and made
no difference to me, but the csrss.exe process wasnât showing a high CPU usage
for me.

It more just creating error in console Session Down state every few mins. It
only stopped users connecting on the very odd ocasion

Regards,
Ronnie

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:25:28 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx<mailto:ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Angela,

I get this from time to time, server doesnât always report full load but
thereâs always  a session down state, and a reboot usually clears.

I had a look at the following thread but never actually got to the bottom of
it. I am currently rebuilding all my server to upgrade to Office 2010 and
hoping that the rebuild does the trick.

http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1386285#1386285

Itâs seems to be going well as all the new builds have not reports the issue,
but one of the pre Office 2010 builds did yesterday.

Regards,
Ronnie