[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:56:49 +0800

Hi Ang,

Two things:

1)      Yes, you can run Perfmon from a remote machine.

2)      Do you have the Health Monitoring & Recovery (HMR) tests in place?
The default recovery action for the XML Service test is set to Remove Server
from Load Balancing. This can cause confusion, so I change it to Alert Only,
allowing administrators to monitor it instead. If a server is removed from
Load Balancing due to a Health Monitoring Test failure, it will remain out
of Load Balancing until one of the following actions occurs: The enablelb
command is executed from a command prompt or the server is rebooted.

But I?d say there is some underlying problem if you can?t run any of your
tools from the servers themselves.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: magnus@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:17:55 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We notice wmi issues as well, this was do to MOM/SCOM. We had to reload the
mof's to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 17, 2012, at 20:15, Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have had WMI issues also in the past and had to re-build WMI components as
below:

http://musumeci.blogspot.com.au/2009/01/ms-rebuild-wmi.html

Cheers

Al

De : Jeremy Saunders <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
À : thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Envoyé le : Mercredi 17 octobre 2012 10h38

The server thinks it?s at full load. What?s the load evaluator assigned to
it?

If Task Manager is not loading, it sounds like perhaps a CPU/memory
utilisation issue, which is effecting the load evaluator, which is placing
the server at full load.

So what?s the CPU and memory utilisation on the server? Could you have a
rouge service, such as antivirus causing problems? What about the print
spooler and Citrix print manager services?

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:07:23 +1100

Hi

This patch looks promising..  Only issue is I cannot find it.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX123956

This has been superseded by R07 patch which I dont want to install right
now.  Im currently running R06.

Does anyone have hotfix PSE450R05W2K3026 that I can download for x86
systems?

Thanks
Ang

CC: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: magnus@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 22:13:30 -0400
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Check the nonpagepool memory usage in taskmgr. I have seen this usage spike
which was due to an ms bug and XTE.exe. Good news there is a fix for it.
936655 I beleive the number is

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 16, 2012, at 18:10, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I think my issue is different.  All user sessions on these servers lock up
and they end up calling the helpdesk to reset them..  I'm getting down
sessions on the same servers each day (even after a reboot)..  I applied
CTX112103 but it didn't make any difference..

Any other ideas apart from rebuilding?

Thanks
Ang

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:48:11 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angela,

This does ring a bell and I?m sure I have one server with this patch and
made no difference to me, but the csrss.exe process wasn?t showing a high
CPU usage for me.

It more just creating error in console Session Down state every few mins. It
only stopped users connecting on the very odd ocasion

Regards,

Ronnie

Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:25:28 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angela,

I get this from time to time, server doesn?t always report full load but
there?s always  a session down state, and a reboot usually clears.

I had a look at the following thread but never actually got to the bottom of
it. I am currently rebuilding all my server to upgrade to Office 2010 and
hoping that the rebuild does the trick.

http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1386285#1386285

It?s seems to be going well as all the new builds have not reports the
issue, but one of the pre Office 2010 builds did yesterday.

Regards,

Ronnie