[THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:36:08 +1100

Hi Ronnie

Unfortunately rebuilding wont be an option for me..  Did you try:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934330

My entire farm will reboot tonight.  If issue re-occurs then I might try this
patch..

Thanks
Ang

Subject: [THIN] Re: Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:25:28 +0100
From: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angela, I get this from time to time, server doesn’t always report full load
but there’s always  a session down state, and a reboot usually clears. I had a
look at the following thread but never actually got to the bottom of it. I am
currently rebuilding all my server to upgrade to Office 2010 and hoping that
the rebuild does the trick.
http://forums.citrix.com/message.jspa?messageID=1386285#1386285 It’s seems to
be going well as all the new builds have not reports the issue, but one of the
pre Office 2010 builds did yesterday.  Regards,Ronnie From:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Angela Smith
Sent: 15 October 2012 11:54
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Multiple servers load set to 10000 at same time Hi

I have an issue on my XenApp 4.5 farm where 4 servers are reporting Server load
10000.  I tried to RDP to the servers and launch Task Manager. Unfortunately
this doesn't load on any of the 4 servers.  I tried to use Process Explorer
from Sysinternals tools but that also didn't load. What I did notice though was
all 4 servers had a session in a down state which I couldn't reset.  It simply
came back each time.  Error.jpg attached showing issue. I don't believe Im
having a resource issue but I cannot be 100% sure.

I tried to change my Load Evaluator from Advanced to Default as a test but this
made no difference.  Also tried to clear some sessions but load didn't change,
still set to 10000.

Can anyone suggest how I can troubleshoot this 10000 Load issue without
rebooting server?  FYI I do reboot my servers nightly but this issue has
happened a few times now.  Also is there a way/tool to check system resources
when Task Manager doesn't work?

Thanks
Ang

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.