[python] Re: max downhill speed --lost mail, second try

  • From: Lazybee45@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 06:30:58 EDT

In a message dated 5/7/2005 3:51:20 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

only  partly, because it builds up to a climax. On my flevo racer (20inch) it
was  the rider that set the maximum speed, not the bike. 60kmh is about what
I  personally feel with (on nice roads, good conditions,  etc..).

I agree entirely!  (really!)  and if you look at travel and  what we do, the
margin between exhilarating and "scary" is often perception and  a tiny tiny
problem.  (though look at the thin line between moving well and  disaster!  I
can tell you stories!) Not that I have become afraid to go  fast, My Rans
Rocket is very stable at any speed and I really DO want to to  tinker with a
trike
that will go as fast as it can be pushed. I have gone  nearly entirely 3
wheels.  You see, there is this hill on my way TO  and from work.  I ride
through a
Valley with steep sides so BOTH directions  I get a nice sweaty workout!
Actually I ride up one side of a ridge,  descend to the creek and climb the
next
ridge.  Total distance from my home  to the top of the second ridge is about 2
miles (3 KM?)  On the Vision with  the LWB it was a GAS to hurtle down.
either direction!  (fun on a  motorbike too honestly!)  Same with the Rans. But
on
my Trike, it gets a  bit.....what, not really frightening, but you breath
funny and the trike changes  direction.  I also have had a bit of difficulty
with
the coordination of  the front brakes.  Nothing has happened so far, and it
really has not been  "dangerous" in any way but I do NOT like the vision that
runs through my mind of  screaming down the hill and have the trike cartwheel
into traffic !   ouch!  to say the least!

mark
come  to the Midwest HPV/ Velomobile conference
June 11/12 2005 Cedar Rapids,  Iowa
_http://garvey.trykekidd.com/velopub.html_
(http://garvey.trykekidd.com/velopub.html)
Shirt  for the conference is at the website  below.

http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?general%5Fcategory%5Fid=103
814463239010772&general%5Fproduct%5Ftype=235&caching=on&product%5Fid=235422661
127401285&index=1