[python] Re: max downhill speed --lost mail, second try

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:49:01 -0700

At 07:36 PM 5/6/2005, you wrote:
>What is the effect of continuing to pedal to try to keep some "drive" going
>into the front wheels contact patch while simultaneously riding the rear brake
>a little?

I definitely feel better doing that, even at my speeds. On the moderate hills
I've tried, I prefer coasting (finer control) and always dragging the brake. (I
still only have the rear)

That said, I still want to increase the pivot ~68deg and shorten the wheelbase
15cm to 116. My turn radius is about 10m. It also needs the seat pushed back an
inch.

Ray