[python] Re: max downhill speed --lost mail, second try

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:04:42 +0200

Jürgen Mages wrote:

> Hallo Dirk,
>
> In the beginning with less downhill experience this feeling
> started at 35 km/h but as I said, with more practice the
> calmness increases.
>
> Considering that your python skills will grow, your bike
> seems to have a more stable geometry than my P3.

Yes, but still the principle stays. If it would be possible to find out
what it exactly is, may be something can be done about it. Like Ray says
somewhere else, it something to do with the turning of the wheels and
the trail (both things are smaller on my bike, what would explain the
difference). So if the trail would be reduced even more then the speed
range would get higher.

I do not like to use a damper (or a spring?), but still it would be an
interesting experiment to know if that would help.

>> At speed or manouvarability or climbing, everything works at
>> least as good. I the case of manouvarability I sometimes had the
>> impression I could easier slip and slalom than normal steered bike (my
>> effective turn circle is 2.5m diameter).
>
> The turning circle of 2.5 m is quite amazing!
> Compared to other recumbents I also have noticed a better
> off-road performance.

well at a certain part there was some real off-road pads. All went
relatively well, but at a certain point there was a really steep hill,
and my front tire began to slip. On that point I fell through the bike.
But Christian (on a optima baron) said that even his rear wheel slipping
there... On my flevo I would never have managed so good on bare earth.

Dirk