[pure-silver] Re: Ralph Lambrecht / EM10 enlarging meter?

  • From: Sauerwald Mark <mark_sauerwald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:05:29 -0800 (PST)

I did a very simple 'calibration' to mine - I set up
so that I got a nice neutral skin tone on a print that
I liked, with a 15s exposure - I found the location
that gave me the green light for that, and put a
sticker on the dial at that point.  I then added a few
more stickers, at 1/2 stop intervals, for a couple of
stops on either side.  I will often use it to get a
rough starting point for exposure by just adjusting
aperture to get the green light, then expose for 15s.
After that, the EM-10 gets put away and I go by eye.

The other way that I use it is when I am changing the
magnification of a print - either cropping differently
or going to a different size paper - very handy for
that, and no calibration required.