[pure-silver] Re: Ralph Lambrecht / EM10 enlarging meter?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 09:58:25 +0100

I fully agree.

In addition, I find test strips extremely useful and wouldn't want to
eliminate them completely. I have used the EM-10 but have switched now to
the RHDesigns ZoneMaster, which is head and shoulders above any other meter
I've seen. However, I use it to give me starting points for exposure and
paper contrast. Then I do test strips in small increments (1/12 stop for
exposure and 1/4 grades for contrast) to get to the 'best' work print. This
allows me to make predictions for the final grade (which I do down to 1/8
grade) and get started with local exposure  and contrast optimizations.

I would feel handicapped without the meter, but also without test strips. I
want to see the whole spectrum from too light to too dark, and from too soft
to too hard, to make the final print.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht