[pure-silver] Re: Ralph Lambrecht / EM10 enlarging meter?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 18:45:23 +0100

I'll send you what I have directly. However, I'm not sure my calibration
works for you. Every EM10 is a bit differently calibrated, the calibration
number is on the bottom of most, but I don't know what it means.

As Richard already stated, you need to calibrate the dial in stops. A stop
is a density difference of 0.3 log. Paper contrast is defined in negative
density ranges. For example grade 2 has a negative density range of 1.05,
consequently, 3 1/2 stops. I'll send you a table of those too.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht