[pure-silver] Re: Ralph Lambrecht / EM10 enlarging meter?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 00:56:17 +0100

Same here, I wouldn't even attempt to evaluate prints, still in processing
trays. While washing, yes, I can't resists, but not while still in the
developer or fixer.
For me, test strips come in different shapes and sizes. Initial exposure
test strips are rather small (mostly, I can fit 7 onto a 5x7 sheet),
contrast test strips are similar, but often slightly larger. Next is a
full-sheet print to have evidence of correct highlight exposure and overall
contrast. Then, I prefer John Sexton¹s method of ripping off pieces of
paper, and exposing just them, to try dodging and burning options. Next, I
patch the favorites together like a ?puzzle¹, and keep re-doing some, until
I like the puzzle. To finish the session, I make the final print of that
day, combining all printing efforts to one consecutive print sequence, maybe
improving upon it some other day.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht