[projectaon] Re: 01hh Comment Period

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:42:48 +0100

Iain Smith wrote:
I've always been a stickler for following the rules and instructions as they were written. In this case I would think that had JD wanted the number of bullets to be selected beforehand then it would have been phrased "add together your shooting and perception skills; for every bullet you decide to fire, add an additional point to this score. Finally, select a random number and add it to this total".

I'm inclined to agree. The point seems to be: the more ammo you fire, the more likely you are to hit; and there's no point in continuing to fire once you've hit the target, as evidenced by its scream. So it's not a premeditated number of rounds you fire, it's a case of "keep firing 'til it's dead, or you run out, or you decide to stop".