[projectaon] Re: 01hh Comment Period

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:53:32 +0100

Jonathan Blake wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:42 AM, James Murray <barefootjimmy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I seem to be in an overwhelming minority, and the points everyone
brings are valid, but I feel like the issue I raised is still going
unanswered. I'm in 100% agreement that there's no point in continuing
to fire once you hear the scream, but I'd still say there exists a
flaw in that you can magically know beforehand that it's
impossible/not worth trying to shoot at the guy even before you pull
the trigger for the first time. I'm not saying there's a perfect
solution, but i does seem to be a slight flaw in game design (one
whose fix may well be beyond the mission of PA, since as Iain pointed
out, the order of words lends weight to his interpretation).

Otherwise a footnote:

~~~~~
While the text of this section implies that you can decide how many
bullets to fire _after_ picking a number from the Random Number Table,
this introduces an inappropriate level of foreknowledge (i.e. you
would know exactly how many bullets you'll need to fire in order to
turn to the more desirable section). It is recommended that you pick a
number from the Random Number table only after you have decided how
many bullets to fire.
~~~~~

IMHO the footnote is better here. Whatever the solution, will it need to be ported into the later books, where appropriate?