[projectaon] Re: 01hh Comment Period

  • From: Benjamin I Krefetz <krefetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:16:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008, Simon Osborne wrote:

Iain Smith wrote:
I've always been a stickler for following the rules and instructions as they were written. In this case I would think that had JD wanted the number of bullets to be selected beforehand then it would have been phrased "add together your shooting and perception skills; for every bullet you decide to fire, add an additional point to this score. Finally, select a random number and add it to this total".

I'm inclined to agree. The point seems to be: the more ammo you fire, the more likely you are to hit; and there's no point in continuing to fire once you've hit the target, as evidenced by its scream. So it's not a premeditated number of rounds you fire, it's a case of "keep firing 'til it's dead, or you run out, or you decide to stop".

The only objection I have to this interpretation is that Section 259 begins "Suddenly your fingers go numb...", which implies to me that you don't have full choice in how many bullets to fire after the fact, otherwise you would've had time to put the gun down before the biker could kick you.

Ben