Re: [PCWorks] A tip for stopping annoying harassing "slide-ups" (a kind of pop-up) immune to pop-up blockers

  • From: "Vern" <r60slash5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:31:36 -0700

> Is that a quote from someone else or your words about Comodo?
> I've never used it, so I can't say anything about installing or
> uninstalling it, but currently it's the highest ranking FW out
> there.  Many if not most FW's and AV software are plagued with
> installation and uninstallation issues.  I guess the simplest
> one out there is Zone Alarm.

I have switched from Zone Alarm to Comodo without a problem.

I also have switched from AVG to Avast without a problem. Window XP updates
were giving me problems
with ZA and AVG is why I switched.

I know Avast pops up a window and warns me of possible infections because I
send emails out for a small business and I send a copy to myself.
Occasionally I get a warning of a "white space" in e mails I sent out. I
don't know what a "white space" is and it doesn't happen often. But I know
Avast is working. <G>