-=PCTechTalk=- Re: custom built computer

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:41:07 -0500

Your confidence level would soar once you realize how simple it is to put
your own together.  I'm not saying that it's easy.  I'm just saying it's
simple.  There are only about 10-12 devices that make up a normal home
computer, but you would still need to follow a set of guidelines in order to
complete the build.  The guidelines include things like how much thermal
compound should be added between the CPU and heatsink, making sure you plug
the case wires properly onto the motherboard, knowing when the RAM is
installed correctly (you already have experience with this, so you have a
good idea how quickly you can learn these types of things), etc..

If you want the system put together by someone else, there are options, but
they'll cost you extra money.  Not only will it cost more for the labor of
building the system, you will also have to buy all of the parts from the
same place that puts it together.  That means you won't be able to shop
around for the best prices on individual items and will ultimately pay more
for some things than you may have otherwise.

You will still end up with a much better system than you could ever get from
an OEM.

Peace,
Gman
http://www.bornagainamerican.org