-=PCTechTalk=- Re: custom built computer

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:55:03 -0400

Hi Gman,

..I told you I was "confused" hee hee...hmmm, I do not  know that much about
the fans and cooling systems, of course I do not want my machine running too
hot and I use it alot. suggest away "heatsink/fan models" but were will they
be a choice in the config thingy at the site that I was using?  I am all for
the less expensive part ;),  I just picked a vid card, I want a decent one
with all the photos and movies I mess with but do not need top of the line,
I only knew I would at least want one with 512 memory in it and was looking
at name brands.  I do want an operating system, did not see that in the
config thingy but need to find it and see what it cost, I guess I will take
the plunge and try Vista.  I have the OS that came with this computer that
was already in it along with the system restore disk (xp home) in my Dell
computer.  I knew I needed one and thought I had mentioned it in my second
email.

I was confused about the burners, I want to be able to read and write CDs
and DVDs, I thought sony would be a good brand.  I was not sure whether to
do a combo or not and was confused about what I needed.  I just chose the
tower, I really did not know what to choose, would you recommend a different
one?  I have not bought a computer in five or more years.  The one I have
now was not custom built.  The one I had before this one was and I loved it
but technology has grown so much, I am like a newbie again picking out the
parts ;0

thanks for your help,
christy