-=PCTechTalk=- Re: custom built computer

  • From: Don <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 06:15:46 -0800

 Power computers need lots of cooling so most come with full or extra large
towers to provide space for extra cooling.  To lower your weight, look for a
mid tower case as an option.  Also, remove anything you really don't need,
such as a dual video adapter array, a second hard drive or optical drive
etc.  You could also splurge on a premium fan and heatsink for the CPU
instead of extra cooling fans or liquid cooling systems.
Do *NOT* get chintzy with the power supply!  You will likely need at least a
600 watt unit.  If you upgrade the standard video card, you should also
upgrade the standard power supply.  Ditto if you upgrade or add any cooling
fans and other power hungry devices.

Don

cristy wrote: Thanks Don, I checked it out and will again. Wow, so many
options to choose from though, I may have a few questions on the essentials
vs. a little more that I may want on some options. I am wondering if I can
get one that is not so heavy weight wise that can still have alot of power
and zip to it. I pretty much feel I will be needing the same things one
wouldlook for in a gaming machine since I will be so multimedia oriented
withit. I also noticed the OS did nto come with it by the time I added up
options wow ..lol...I will have to go through and ask some questions on what
I would or would not need for what I am looking for. christy