-=PCTechTalk=- Re: custom built computer

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:14:05 -0500

Thanks Don,

That is very helpful advise.  I hope to have some time this weekend to
really go at it and try to narrow down components.I dont know what this is:
dual video adapter array.  So then a premium fan and heatsink is better than
extra cooling fans or liquid cooling systems and will weigh less?

I had wondered how much of a power supply to get, so at least 600 watts.  I
also meant to ask about noise, really dont want a noisey monster of a
computer.  I probably would upgrade the video card somewhat and am thinking
at least 4 mg of memory.  But I have to see what this will all cost along
with purchasing Operating system.  At the ibuy site, I need to see which one
looks like a midtower.

christy