-=PCTechTalk=- Re: custom built computer

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:39:27 -0400

help..I need some help configuring  my new computer that I want to purchase.
I am looking at the IBUYPower site.  But there is so much to configure ..

I want a (not too heavy weight wise), (not too loud) gaming type system that
will stay "cooled nicely" have a decent power supply and decent memory and
large hard drive.  I would like to be able to create dvds and CDs on it,
floopy drive,   Any help would be appreciated.  Looking to keep cost
moderate.

In just looking at the start of the configuration, I am not really sure what
the exact diff is between the first options, IntelCore 2 Duo, Quad Core,
Core 2 Duo DDR3, Core i7 OR AMD Athlon X2  DDR2-800, AMD Phenom II X4,
Phenom II AM3 DDR3.  Ok, the Intel versus AMD is for processor right?  I
have always gone with Intel in the past.  I am assuming as each gets more
expensive, the power is greater?  I was looking possibly at the one of the
Intel ones.

thanks,
christy