[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:18:46 -0500

On Nov 20, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Mark Schubin wrote:

Although I agree with Craig that the market is shrinking, I don't think these numbers are sufficient proof. They show more households using a non-broadcast multichannel video programming distributor, but they don't indicate the percentage of TVs relying on off-air reception.

I, for one, would skew these percentages. Just recently, I've converted to high def using a Dish 622 receiver, which nicely integrates DTV OTA locals into its HD program guide as long as I subscribe to Dish's LIL analog service. This feature enables DVR recording of network HD OTA programming.

BTW, my display is a Mitsubishi LT-37131. Its ATSC tuners are much better than the one in the 622. One local station's signal causes the 622 to re-sync quite frequently due to what it thinks is a signal loss. The Mits has no such problem with this signal. It's as steady as a rock.

Barry Brown