[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: flyback1 <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:20:14 -0500

Gary Hughes wrote:

Not so. It is mostly an all or nothing effect. If you get the picture it
comes in beautifully. Where I live, about 35 miles NW of Boston, I do
not get a watchable picture on any analog UHF channel, but I get all the
Boston area DTV signals with an antenna in the attic.

And comparing the OTA picture to the same service carried on cable (and
transcoded down to 15mbit/sec), the OTA picture quality is noticeably
better.

gary

Gary Hughes
Video Architect, Advanced Engineering
Motorola Connected Home Solutions, MA34
80 Central St.
Boxborough, MA  01719
Email: ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 978 266 7269
Again this is just plain wrong. No one can make a blanket statement like this.

Come out to my house with any set top and any antenna you like,
and try to prove it's all or nothing.

You will have double the chances here too because I get both the Baltimore and Philly
digital stations, all of them some of the time.