[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:53:33 -0800

What are commenting upon?  I certainly didn't say anything to the contrary,
and why wouldn't you expect that there would be more over the air channels
than on cable?

Last time I checked, I could only get about two dozen channels over the air
(analog) and about 70 on cable.  I can get about a dozen dtv signals, but
only 7 on DIGITAL cable.  Of course, I could add digital cable and HDTV and
premium channels, and I would get more on cable than over the air: up to 22.
For about $100 a month.  Versus free over the air.

Here's something that might have escaped you:  cable shares ether only with
cable services.  DTV shares ether with everything, including analog.

By the way, there will be more DTV over the air channels after the end of
analog.  Count on it.

John Willkie

  _____