[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:15:38 -0800

You are looking for bogeymen in general, and have been knee-deep in that
regard on this topic for years.

Could you provide ANY SOURCE where this has been discussed in the last 10
days?

It's possible that a meteor will strike the headline performer at a Marilyn
Manson concert.  Not likely, but always possible.

I tend to count the votes.  The House Democrats, were they of a mind, could
get a delay passed in their body.  The Senate Democrats would need at least
a few (9 or more) Republicans on their side to get it passed.  Then, the
President would have to sign.

That is, if they were talking about delaying the transition at this time.
Indeed, any reading between the lines would lead all but the most
monomaniacal to believe that they were shoring up the deadline by their
interest in making sure the boxes are available, etc.

I'd just love to see what mischief is created to try to delay the
transition.  I tend to doubt that it will come from the NAB or MSTV.  Maybe
ACORN -- between indictments -- will come to the cause (in other words, big
labor, but a group that doesn't permit it's workers to organize.)

Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com