[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:19:11 -0800

Yes, you are a bit new to the discussion.  I can't answer directly, because
you equate HDTV with Digital TV.  Digital TV is many things to many people,
HDTV is just one of the applications.

If you'd truly like such an approach, I'd suggest that you consider moving
to a country where this is the setup.  France, Spain, Germany, UK and Sweden
come to mind.

John Willkie

P.S.  "the money" to add the ability to tune in HDTV broadcasts (but not
render them as HDTV) on analog sets is right now $179.00 plus tax.   That
won't pay for 5 months of cable.