[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 17:59:04 -0800

Gee, have you ever investigated why?  Ever done an earth profile graph for
each tx sites?

What kind of antennae do you use?  Gain?  Amplifier?  Do you have two
antennae?  How many miles are you from each city?

Is your area very hilly or mountainous, or are you located deep in a valley?

Gary didn't speak of all situations, and your case is probably a rare one.

Also, you must have problems parsing words.  Gary said one either got the
signal very well, or not at all.  That would seem to comport well with your
situation.  Sometimes you get it well (no snow) and sometimes you don't get
it.  How is he wrong on that point?

And, this is assuming that you are using a single antenna and you don't get
the Philly stations while pointing to Balmer, and don't get Balmer when
pointing towards Philly.

John Willkie

  _____