[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:13:06 -0800

"Doubtful.  See other comments about reception in his apartment made over
the last few years by Mark Schubin."

Your situation is nothing like Mark Schubin's. Indeed, in a previous post, I
accounted for his apartment.  High signal levels, many building reflections.
Buses going up and down the street, much urban RF.

Your situation is different.

It's possible that no digital TV service can reach Mark's apartment.  The
COFDM proponents have been too chicken to try when they've had the chance.
Not so for ATSC proponents.

In my situation, using a MyHD-130 receiver, I cannot get signals very well
when I'm close to the transmit sites.  This involves two receive locations,
one in urban Tijuana, the other in suburban San Diego (with a clear line of
sight to the tx sites I cannot get.)  That is sub-optimal; but I've yet to
try a fifth gen unit.