[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "Gregory J. Ward" <gregoryjward@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:18:54 -0800

I'm new to this discussion, but why do we even need digital broadcasts? What's wrong with requiring people who want HD to get cable? Most of them will have it, anyway. I can't see spending the kind of money needed for an HD TV without investing in at least a basic cable hookup. From what I've heard, HD broadcasts are nothing to brag about.

-Greg

From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 16, 2006 8:04:48 PM PST

John Willkie wrote:
> P.S. This isn't about the switchover per se, but how much money and effort > the government has or will be put into the boxes. THEY only WANT TO SPEND
> THE MONEY!

Yes, but it is worrisome since they may insist on delaying the transition if cheap workable converter boxes are not available for everyone by 2 years from now. We really don't need that.

- Tom