[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:48:16 -0500

At 5:53 PM -0800 11/17/06, John Willkie wrote:

Last time I checked, I could only get about two dozen channels over the air (analog) and about 70 on cable. I can get about a dozen dtv signals, but only 7 on DIGITAL cable. Of course, I could add digital cable and HDTV and premium channels, and I would get more on cable than over the air: up to 22. For about $100 a month. Versus free over the air.

And how many of those analog and digital broadcast channels are duplicates?

How do you watch Monday Night Football, or any of the 50 cable channels that are not available OTA?