[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:39:25 -0800

The last time I watched Monday night football was in the previous century.

I like -- for the moment -- duplicates, since I only watch analog or
digital, not both.   Many of the cable channels are duplicates of ota or
other cable channels.

Let me try to delineate the ota sources (non-duplicated) available in this
market. (digital, if known, in parens)

8/CBS (55)
10/ABC (25)
39/NBC (40?)
15/PBS
6/Fox (23)
12/XEWT Televisa
13/(new callsign) My Network TV
69/CW
33/Telemundo
45/Televisa
57/Televisa
51/Independent (18)
21/Azteca 7
27/Azteca 13

Those are the full service stations

LPTV:
3/Canal Once
25/
31/
17/
63/
Plus, the channels that Azteca America and the Lieberman station in LA are
on.

The "problem" is that most of these are Spanish-language.