[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:59:48 -0500

At 2:34 AM -0500 11/18/06, flyback1 wrote:
I am sure I have seen it written on this list more than a few times that ATSC would replicate NTSC coverage.

What is pathetic here is that we are arguing about replacing a nearly 70 year old technology with something that will nearly replicate it, when we could be talking about using a technology that would bring EVERYOEN into the digital age. kinda like arguing about building U.S. highways that are full of businesses, traffic lights and traffic, versus Interstate highways.

The ONLY thing that broadcasters care about is that the new service REPLICATE must carry.

Now, where did I put that buggy whip antenna?