[obol] Wed morning, Eugene

  • From: Lawrence McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:14:03 -0800

It was a gloomy start atop the hill at South Willamette Dump. A good mix of
seed-eaters gathered before us, all looking dark, and we happened to see the
darkest Song Sparrow I think possible. Took awhile for things to lighten up;
we met the same birds in the grasses on our return, looking considerably
brighter as the fog cleared. We quit earlier than usual, as the surrounding
woodlands were quiet, in contrast to the grassy clearing.

Wild Turkey - 6
Red-tailed Hawk - 1
Anna's Hummingbird - 1
Northern Flicker - 9
Steller's Jay - 6
Western Scrub-Jay - 1
American Crow - 25
Common Raven - 1
Black-capped Chickadee - 6
Bushtit - 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 1
Bewick's Wren - 1
Golden-crowned Kinglet - some
American Robin - 6
Varied Thrush - 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 2
Townsend's Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 8
Fox Sparrow - 12
Song Sparrow - 15
Lincoln's Sparrow - 3
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 6
Dark-eyed Junco - 30
House Finch - 7
Pine Siskin - 10
Lesser Goldfinch - 15
American Goldfinch - fewer

Scott McNeeley, Sarah Vasconcellos, Vickie Buck, Dennis Arendt, Ellen Cantor,
Cindy Armstrong, Jim Regali, Marie Royer, Sylvia Maulding, and Larry McQueen