[obol] Wed morning, Eugene

  • From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:57:37 -0700

The birds on Skinner's Butte were activated by the bright morning sun in the
cool air.  At the top we found a good flock of Yellow-rumped Warblers with
Ruby-crowned Kinglets mixed in and flocks of Cedar Waxwings industriously
plucking berries from madrones.  We found nothing unexpected, but some late
migrants.

Mallard - 4
Common Merganser - 2
Red-tailed Hawk  - 1 I'm
Anna’s Hummingbird - 5
Downy Woodpecker - 5
Red-breasted Sapsucker - 1 by the river
Northern Flicker - 8
Common Raven - 1
American Crow - several
Steller's Jay - 6
Western Scrub-Jay - 5
Black-capped Chickadee - 6
Bushtit - flock
Brown Creeper - 3
Bewick's Wren - 4
Pacific Wren - 4
Golden-crowned Kinglet - tree-top flock
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 8
American Robin - 45
Swainson’s Thrush - 2 by the river
European Starling - some
Cedar Waxwing - 60+
Yellow-rumped Warbler - 15
Townsend’s Warbler - 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 5
Song Sparrow - 7
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 2
Dark-eyed Junco  - 10
House Finch - 8
Pine Siskin - flock of small finches took off before confirming species

Jim Regali, Dave Brown, Fred Chancey, Barry McKenzie, Don Schrouder, Sylvia
Maulding, Sarah Vasconcellos, Jim Ott, Dennis Arendt, Ellen Cantor, Judy and
Stephen Franzen, Dave and Sally Hill, a new lady whose name will be 'A' for the
moment, and Larry McQueen