[obol] Wed morning, Eugene

  • From: Lawrence McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 18:45:11 -0700

Took the southward trail in the hills behind LCC Campus (our usual route is the
westward trail). Most noteworthy were the numbers of Hammond’s Flycatchers
without another Empidonax species, obviously a group arrival. The weather was
cold and fog as the birds were inactive, opening up to sun by late morning.

Canada Goose - 2 flyovers
Mallard - flyover pair
Bufflehead - several on the settling ponds
Turkey Vulture - 2
Red-tailed Hawk - 3
Band-tailed Pigeon - 13
Mourning Dove - 1
Anna's Hummingbird - 1
Downy Woodpecker - 1
Northern Flicker - 6
Hammond's Flycatcher - around 10
Cassin's Vireo - 1
Steller's Jay - 8
Western Scrub-Jay - 3
American Crow - few
Common Raven - 2
Black-capped Chickadee - many heard continually
Bushtit - a few
Bewick's Wren - 4
Wrentit - 4
American Robin - 8 +
Varied Thrush - 1 heard
European Starling - few
Orange-crowned Warbler - 4 +
Common Yellowthroat - 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler - flock
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 1
Spotted Towhee - 6
Fox Sparrow - 4
Song Sparrow - 5
Lincoln's Sparrow - 1
White-crowned Sparrow - 6
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 10
House Finch - 2
Purple Finch - 4+
Pine Siskin - 6

Kit Larsen, Marie Roye, Chuck Thomas, Dave Brown, Stephen and Judy Fravel,
Cindy Armstrong, Scott McKlellan, Cedar (visitor from Mass, whose last name
escapes me), Ellen Cantor, and Larry McQueen