[obol] Wed morning Eugene

  • From: Lawrence McQueen <larmcqueen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 14:06:07 -0700

In the hills behind Lane Community College we made a complete circle by taking
the trail straight eastward, then continuing over the hill southward, to meet a
main gravel powerline mainenance road to the west, then back on the homestead
trail northward to eventually meet where we started.  We met two small flocks
of mixed warblers, vireo, chickadees.  Interesting was the absence of robins,
which normally are present in the area this time of year.

Pied-billed Grebe - 1
Canada Goose - flying sting of 9
Mallard - 8
Turkey Vulture - 5
Red-tailed Hawk - 3
Mourning Dove - 2
Vaux’s Swift - 2
Anna’s Hummingbird - 2
Northern Flicker - 2
Western Wood Pewee - 2
Hutton’s Vireo - 3
Northern Raven - 4
Steller's Jay - 10
Western Scrub Jay - 8
Violet-green Swallow - 5+
Barn Swallow - 25 at the settlement ponds
Black-capped Chickadee - 10
Chestnut-backed Chickadee - 12
Brown Creeper - 2
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 10
Bewick's Wren - 6
Wrentit - 9
Swainson’s Thrush - 5
European Starling - 1
Cedar Waxwing - 40
Orange-crowned Warbler - 3
Black-throated Gray Warbler - 9
Wilson’s Warbler - 2
Spotted Towhee - 10
Song Sparrow - 4
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 1 at the Beanery
White-crowned Sparrow - 1 where it was supposed to be.
Western Tanager - 5
Purple Finch - 6
House Finch - 1
Lesser Goldfinch - 3
American Goldfinch - 4

Don Schrouder, Sarah Vasconcellos, Dave Brown, Dennis Arendt, Vickie Buck,
Barry McKenzie, Jim Regali, and Larry McQueen