[modeleng] Re: Parts prices

  • From: Jesse <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:15:47 -0500

Allen,

What the heck is a capstan and roller roller box?  I know the capstan
ain't the type that was used on sailing ships to raise anchors so wot is it?
For making screws, I use a Box Tool to turn down  the stock and a die
holder for the threading, all without stopping the lathe until threads
are complete.  The steel I use is 12L14 which is leaded for screw
machine use though 12L15 or 12L13 will work as well.
  I think I will go out and pick some cotton while waiting for your answer.

Jesse, the flag waving Rebel in Troy, TN