[modeleng] Re: Parts prices

  • From: "Clifton" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 09:55:51 +0100

Hi Alan,

I shop a lot on Ebay these days & all I can say is that it does pay to shop
around.
I think that the last lot of BA screws I purchased actually came from a
supplier of fixings for car restorations.

One of the advantages of ebay is that when even making international
purchases they all take Paypal. In fact lots of other suppliers also take
Paypal these days.
The one precaution I did take when setting up the Paypal account was to link
it to a small bank account in which I only keep about £100. My theory was
that if somebody did manage to hack into it they weren't going to get rich.
However in about 10 years it has never had a problem.

Regards

Clif