[modeleng] Re: Parts prices

  • From: Jeff Dayman <jeffdayman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:35:39 -0400

When working in a factory in southern Germany two years ago, the shop guys
were calling an adjustable wrench a "May". I asked why and they said it was
not "May" they were saying, but the initials "MEE". I asked what that meant
and one guy wrote down "muttern ecke entferner" which I later ran through
Google translate and found out it means "nut corner remover" in English.

Talk about an accurate acronym!

Cheers Jeff Dayman