[modeleng] Re: Parts prices

  • From: stepney <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:15:35 +0100

King Dick were one of the best tool makers, and produced strong and long
lasting tools.
I still have some.

What I found interesting was that, in the 60's when they were still
being made, I happened to meet one of their reps,
and mentioned that I had some King Dick tools, but that the ratchet on
the socket set had failed.
He immediately arranged to replace it and now one duly arrived.

Perhaps not surprising, except that the original was my fathers and
dated from the mid-30's!

Alan