[lit-ideas] Re: U.N. Special Committee on Palestine

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 17:03:03 +0100

> Using the "by the preponderance of the evidence" standard I do
> believe that the UN peacekeepers were deliberately targeted,
but
> I doubt that the decision was made at the highest levels of the
> Israeli government

I too think -- using the same standard as you -- that the firings
and
bombings were deliberate.  My problem with Carol's question lies
-- as I think it does for you -- in "(did) Israel intentionally
(target)"
as opposed to "were the shots fired and the bombs dropped
deliberately".

Judy Evans, Cardiff, UK