[lit-ideas] Re: U.N. Special Committee on Palestine

  • From: Omar Kusturica <omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 19:49:41 -0700 (PDT)

--- JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Where would you like for the Jews living in Israel
> to go, Omar?

*I am sensing a somewhat shrilling tone here so I will
not be long. They could return to the countries they
came from, for example. (Btw I have done that, after
seven years of living in Israel, and it's not the
worst of fates.) Or they could go to the US, where
more Jews live today than in Israel. Or they could
establish a state elsewhere. Or maybe they could live
in Israel together with the Palestinians in a
bi-national state, which is the solution I proposed in
the past but I didn't get the best reception. Anyway
why is it that anyone who opens his mouth in support
of the Palestinians' right to their homeland is
immediately expected to worry about the Israelis ?

Imagine a group of nations or ethnic groups telling
you that you and all your country-fellows need to
leave the country you live in and find somewhere else
to live.

*Now this is really an amazingly dumb remark to make
to a Palestinian supporter.

O.K.

http://mail.yahoo.com